Saturday, September 24, 2011

This and that...

Super Improvers Wall
I put up my Super Improvers Wall about 2 weeks ago.  It is so different from any other reward system I've used, but it makes so much sense!

-It's free and easy.
-Simply adding a couple of stars really motivates the students.
-As with all things WBT, the teacher has control to manipulate the wall to create anticipation and encourage all students.
-I love how the challenging students have even more of a chance to earn stars, and "alphas" also have to work hard to improve themselves.

I can't wait for the first students to reach the photo level!!!  Check out the webinar on the Super Improvers.

Smoothy Bumper Planet
I printed the Smoothy Bumper Planet on 11 x 17 paper with the Number Towers on the back.  I like the bigger size so that we have room to work on things like number patterns.  I've ordered some transparent counters to use on the charts.

For the first time I'm using the Number Towers.  I'm realizing that it is very helpful in teaching my 2nd graders to count beyond 100.  They learn the pattern of the ones, tens, and hundreds.  I pulled a small remedial group to count with me while the others counted with their partners.  The free ebook can be downloaded on the website.

Universal Homework Model
As we were counting the total stars for the week one lovely student called out, "I wish we could do homework on FRIDAY!"  :-D 


Allison
WBT Intern, 2011-12

2 comments: